[AG-USERS] Do I still need 3 servers in this day and age?

Les Rhoda leslie.rhoda at umit.maine.edu
Thu Jan 15 14:57:18 CST 2009

Wow, thank you all so much for the swift replies, I am very grateful!!!

I reckon I posted to the wrong list, have now joined ag-tech and will join the fun over there too :)

The groups involved number from 1-6 or so, so I agree (very happily) that PIGs are the way to go.

FWIW, heres what I went with...feel free to critique, caveat, etc.... please!

	WORKSTATION	HP Pavilion Elite M9550F Core 2 Quad Q9300(2.50GHz) 8GB DDR2 1TB ATI Radeon HD	Spectra8 Video Input Card (optional, dependent on cams, etc)	Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer  PCI Sound Card		DISPLAY	ViewSonic VG2230wm  22" 5ms DVI
Widescreen LCD Monitor		OPTIONAL DISPLAY	Sharp Notevision PG-F320W Projector	ATI Radeon HD 2600XT			 CAMERAS	Logitech QuickCam Orbit  Webcam	(can sub QuickCam® Vision Pro  for appx same $)			OPTIONAL CAMERA	Sony EVI D100 CCTV camera 		SOUND (ROOM
NODE)	Chat 150 USB Group Speaker Phone		SOUND (PERSONAL NODE)	Plantronics .Audio 470 USB headset

Again, massive thanks!

Really looking forward to getting involved with AG and certainly very glad to find such a hospitable mailing list.

cheers,

Les

Les Rhoda

Technician/Office Manager - Video Services Dept.
Systems Manager - The Maine Channel
220 Alumni Hall / 581-2517

IT Manager, Dept. of Communication and Journalism
416 Dunn Hall / 581-1281