[AG-USERS] Ubuntu/Matrox video card issues

Les Rhoda leslie.rhoda at umit.maine.edu
Mon Aug 3 13:31:26 CDT 2009

Hello all,

I've been trying to resuscitate an older (4-5 yrs) AG setup here at UMAine which hasnt been used in several years. The node was runnng AD 2.4 and a very old (v6 I think) version of Fedora on the server.

Since I know nothing about Linux (yet :) I had to have someone from another dept. come in to update the server. Apparently he decided to install Ubuntu, and could not get the video cards (Matrox Ospreys) to work. Now he is on vacation for 2 weeks
and I am left with a non-functioning node.

Can anyone help me out here? Are there special instructions for getting AG and/or Matrox capture cards to work on Ubuntu?

thanks,

Les

Les Rhoda

Technician/Office Manager - Video Services Dept.
Systems Manager - The Maine Channel
220 Alumni Hall / 581-2517

IT Manager, Dept. of Communication and Journalism
416 Dunn Hall / 581-1281