[AG-USERS] April 24 is Kids on the Grid Day!

gurcharan khanna gskpop at cis.rit.edu
Fri Mar 7 10:58:21 CST 2008

Hi,

April 24 is Kids on the Grid Day, held in conjunction with the national
annual Take Your
Daughters and Sons to Work Day. This year we will again host this Access
Grid event.
Kids on this day who come to work will interact with other kids across
the country and
world to experience different cultures, activities, and technologies. In
the past activities
have included backgammon, tic-tac-toe, shared whiteboard, remote
controlled robots, etc.
We want to focus on kid interaction rather than the technology per se,
but definitely let
them see the technology we are working with.

This year RIT, NIH, U. Texas, and U. Puerto Rico will be organizing this
event. We are
looking for additional organizers. But mostly we are looking for other
sites that might
have kids connected to the Access Grid. We would also like to have sites
connected that
have activities that the kids can enjoy.

We are scheduling the actual events at 11, 11:30, and 1pm Eastern Time.
The exact program
is yet to be finalized.

Look here for photos from last year's and previous year's events.
         http;//rc.rit.edu/kids.html

We will create a web page and seek press coverage, but for now we just
want to know
who is participating and at what level.

Thanks for your interest.

-gurcharan khanna

--
-------------------------
Gurcharan S. Khanna, Ph.D.

Director, Interactive Collaboration Environments Laboratory
Center for the Advancing the Study of Cyberinfrastructure
http://rc.rit.edu/ice.html
---
Rochester Institute of Technology
1 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, New York 14623-5603
Phone: 585-475-7504  ~  Cell: 585-451-8370
Email: gurcharan.khanna at rit.edu
Http:  people.rit.edu/gskpop