[AG-USERS] carbon footprint and accessgrid

Tom Coffin tcoffin at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Jan 29 10:36:57 CST 2008

hey users

I was looking at some of the press releases on the ag site
regarding the 'green' benefits regarding the accessgrid and
then I was remembering an article I saw about the "house" buying
carbon offsets
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/27/AR2008012702400.html?wpisrc=newsletter

Anyways I was wondering if our accessgrid institutions could
actually make money through carbon offsets on the CCX
I see UCSD is a member
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Climate_Exchange

Tom Coffin .......................... tcoffin at ncsa.uiuc.edu

    NCSA-ACCESS                         cel: 703-477-5948
    901 North Stuart Street, #800       tel: 703-248-0105
    Arlington, Virginia 22203           fax: 703-248-0100