[AG-USERS] wxPython, AG Toolkit on Mac OS X [was: bad crash]

Graham Perrin G.J.Perrin at bton.ac.uk
Tue Aug 28 05:24:59 CDT 2007

On 28 Aug 2007, at 05:57, Thomas D. Uram wrote:

> Hi Marc:
>
> I was referring to wxPython, not python.  You can find wxPython
> releases by following the
> download link from wxpython.org.

[snip]

>> anybody on OSX that could give me some hints or insights ?
>>
>> greetings
>>
>> Marc

[snip]

Dear Marc

Re <http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/accessgrid/software/
releases/3.0.2/macosx.html> and <http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/fl/
research/accessgrid/software/releases/3.1-beta1/macosx.html>

If you have a PowerPC running Mac OS X 10.4, and if you're using
release 3.0.2 of Access Grid Toolkit, then AFAIK the most recent
version of the required file is
wxPython2.8-osx-unicode-2.8.4.2-universal-py2.3.dmg from
<http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10718>.

For what it's worth, I find that the more recent beta version of AG
Toolkit 3.1 is fine on Mac OS X 10.4.x (Intel) (wxPython not required).

--

I vaguely recall a time when it was difficult or impossible to update
to preferred/required combinations of Python, wxPython and/or

Regards
Graham