[AG-USERS] AGVCR Mac OS X .app bundle

Derek Piper dcpiper at indiana.edu
Tue Oct 3 08:05:34 CDT 2006

(re-posted to AG Users)

	Hi all,

	To let people know, an .app bundle of AGVCR has now been released that
contains the GTK runtime as well as copies of the media tools (for local
playback without the AG toolkit). I'm no longer offering the standalone
runtime and binary separately, if people want that I can put that back
but I think the bundle will be more useful and is certainly what I
recommend Mac users of AGVCR to use. At the moment the bundle is PowerPC
only, I am trying to figure out how to build GTK and its dependencies as
Universal binaries so I can link AGVCR properly. If anyone has hints
about how to do that with darwinports, please let me know.
	To compliment the bundle on OS X, AGVCR_Launcher has been updated.
Within its configuration under OS X, you just select the .app bundle
(whereever you place it) and then it will launch AGVCR in the normal way
from the venue client.
	Please note that installing AGVCR_Launcher on AG 2.4 on Mac OS X
requires you use a syntax such as:

pythonw
/Applications/AccessGridToolkit.app/Contents/Resources/bin/agpm.py -z
AGVCR_Launcher.zip

(on one line)

	This will make sure you have a working installation of AGVCR_Launcher
for the client.
	As usual, the project website is here:

http://iri.informatics.indiana.edu/~dcpiper/agvcr/

	It's now operational again after some downtime over the weekend and
yesterday.
	Mac users, please let me know how you get on.

	Thanks,

	Derek

--
Derek Piper - dcpiper at indiana.edu - (812) 856 0111