[AG-USERS] Re: unicas question

Dioselin Gonzalez dioselin at purdue.edu
Wed Jan 19 10:54:44 CST 2005

Thank you everybody for your responses!

With this distance learning project, we want to create an interactive
environment with a strong sense of presence.  And I think we could use
AGJuggler :o)

This is the description:

"We will build a system that extends the real classroom to accommodate
remotely located students. The system will convey to both remote and
local participants a strong sense that the remote participants are
actually present in the classroom. The sense of presence will be enabled by:
* Interactivity: The system will support high-bandwidth, low-latency,
uninterrupted, and secure communication between the participants.
* High-quality graphics:  The system will provide realistic visual
descriptions of the classroom, instructor, students, and of the lecture
materials by combining segmented high-resolution real-time video with
pre-downloaded photorealistic 3D models and with presentation materials "

So yes, we want the remote students to not only watch video but
participate.  As John Q. said, bandwith is going to be an issue and we
will probably have to require them to have more than just dial up
connection.

Here at Purdue, Dwight is working on installing a bridge server.  So I
will keep doing tests and send you lots and more questions :)

Thanks,

Dio.-