[AG-USERS] Engineering Schools In AG Land?

Allan Spale aspale at evl.uic.edu
Fri Jan 14 18:07:18 CST 2005

Jim,

There is a shared application developed by the Electronic Visualization
Laboratory at the University of Illinois at Chicago that integrates a
Geowall application named ImmersaView
(http://www.evl.uic.edu/cavern/agave/immersaview/) with the newest version
of the AG Toolkit.  ImmersaView is an Open Inventor and VRML2 model viewer
for the Geowall.  The shared application named ImmersaView Launcher
(http://www.evl.uic.edu/cavern/rg/20031022_spale/) allows people to
collaboratively choose what 3-D model to view with ImmersaView and have
all participants have their local ImmersaView session simultaneously start
and stop.  This shared application permits a computer acting as
the Geowall display to be separated from the AG setup.

With respect to other applications, I think that there is an application
called Shared Rasmol
(http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~turam/AG/SharedRasmol.html)  that allows
users to view molecules in 3D. This application would require your Geowall
PC to be integrated as a display in your AG node.  To see the molecules in
stereo on your Geowall, it is likely that you will have to type a command
that sets the stereo flag for the program to true (not exactly sure, but I
have seen this done on a Geowall at EVL).

Good luck with your implementation.

Allan