[AG-USERS] AG in Education Virtual Institute

Jennifer Teig von Hoffman jtvh at bu.edu
Mon Aug 22 11:55:03 CDT 2005

Colleagues,

Edee Norman Wiziecki (NCSA) and I (BU) are the co-leads for a new
"Virtual Institute" that will be meeting to discuss Access Grid in
Education. This is intended to be a forum for discussion of AG in
any/all aspects and levels of teaching and learning, including (but not
limited to!) both K-12 and higher education. We welcome participation
from educators, technologists, and everybody in between.

This Institute is part of the NSF-funded "Engaging People in
Cyberinfrastructure" project; more information about EPIC is available
at http://www.eotepic.org/ .

Our Virtual Institute will involve discussions both asynchronous (via a
Moodle web site), and synchronous (via monthly AG meetings). The first
of these meetings will be held Tuesday, September 13, at 3:30 PM CDT
(20:30 UTC); an invitation to this meeting is copied below my signature.

If you are interested in joining us, please drop a note to Edee and
myself (edeew at ncsa.uiuc.edu and jtvh at bu.edu). We'll be glad to have you
join us on the AG, or on the Moodle, or both!

Cheers,
Jennifer

***********************

Welcome to the Access Grid in Education Virtual Institute

This message serves as an invitation to join the first meeting of the
Virtual Institute on using Access Grid technology for teaching and
learning. It will be held on September 13, 2005 beginning at 3:30 PM CDT
(4:30 PM EDT; 1:30 PDT). (We are scheduled to be in the Schoolhouse
venue in the NCSA Lobby for those of you who can navigate there).
Please share this message with others.

A reminder and more information on how to join the VI will be sent
nearer the date, but should you have any questions now please feel free
to contact us.  We are happy to assist you and/or give you more
information about Access Grid technology for the classroom.

We hope to see you there, as we explore ways to bring the world into
classrooms every where!

Jennifer Teig von Hoffman                Edee Norman Wiziecki
Boston University                        NCSA
jtvh at bu.edu                              edeew at ncsa.uiuc.edu