[AG-USERS] AGTk 2.2 Released
Ivan R. Judson
judson at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 1 23:47:37 CDT 2004
The Access Grid Toolkit 2.2 is available for download at:
It is strongly recommended that you remove previous versions of the Access
Grid Toolkit before installing the 2.2 software. While the 2.2 final
software should co-exist with previous installations cleanly, the alpha and
beta are known to cause problems.
This release includes major usability and stability improvements. Highlights
- Updated to Python 2.3 (on windows)
- Update to the latest SOAPpy
- Update to newer pyGlobus and Globus Toolkit (on linux)
- Streamlined Certificate Management User Interfaces
- Support for Service Certificates
- Support for an anonymous certificate service
- New Node Service Packaging, which supports more flexible Node Services
- Shared Applications Developers Tools, Examples and a Programmers Manual
- A Venue Client Control Interface (so the Venue Client can be
- Usage logging in the Venue Server
- Automatic reconnection for the Venue Client
- Venue Server significantly stabilized, memory leaks plugged.
- Double clicking app packages will install them automatically.
- Venue Management Tool rewrites address upon connection, after it has
connected to the local server.
-Detection of some video devices on windows is not working, anything that
maps to the video for windows device should work.
For more information on this release see the official release page.
As always, feedback is desired. Please file bug reports, feature requests,
or enhancements via the Access Grid Bugzilla pages
(http://bugzilla.mcs.anl.gov/acucessgrid) or via the ag-tech mailing list
(mailto:ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov).
The AG Team
More information about the ag-users