[AG-USERS] having a meeting?

Ed Ritenour erritenour at lbl.gov
Thu Mar 6 16:24:32 CST 2003

Jennifer, et al

I would be interested in having one or maybe even two informal conferences
prior to the AG retreat. Though the funding question has sparked interest I
feel the first meeting or two might be well spent to do some advance user
collaboration concerning AG operation prior to the retreat.  The developers
want to push new whiz bang stuff and I am all for that, but we as users are
tasked with making the meeting a success and its expected by many of those
that use it. That means walking down the fine line of cutting edge new
technologies and still provide a successful meeting. To do that we need
backup methods, troubleshooting tools and such and ease of operation.
There will be a lot folks not attending the retreat, so it would provide a
means for others in the community to convey their ideas to users who will
be attending.

Couple of thoughts

Current issues AG2 should try and resolve?  Labor intensive is one I hear a
lot.
Enhancements to incorporate in AG2, like auto start power point
presentations, maybe white board??
Some sort of audio loopback to determine transmitted signal strength as
well as some remote signal generator to adjust room speakers.

Ed

--
Ed Ritenour                                                         Phone:
510-486-5754