[AG-USERS] Further information . . .

Barbara A. Kucera bkucera at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 24 09:37:44 CST 2003

Hi,

As I read the note that I just sent, I realized that it didn't provide much
information.  I received this request from one of my EPSCoR states and am
asking for your help.  I know there is a wide variety of backgrounds among
the AG users and hope that one of you might be able to help.

Thanks,

Barbara
-------------

The purpose of my email is to ask a question/favor of you. As part of your
responsibilities, and perhaps across your span of control, do you conduct
technical IT/Network Infrastructure needs assessments and evaluations or
implementations?

I am preparing an RFP response for the State of "____". The Board of
Regents is seeking bids in an Advisory Consulting Role requesting services
to conduct the state's statewide IT/technical infrastructure needs
assessment, alongside IT Program/Project Management services for statewide
IT projects, plus a statewide marketing plan promoting and communicating
across the BOR's addressable market segments and customers.

I am seeking to respond to the RFP with a format, structure and wording
familiar to academic institutions and state governments. Can you suggest?

Barbara A. Kucera
Alliance/NSF EPSCoR Liaison
National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA)
(217) 244-0131 * Fax (217) 244-2909

Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about
telescopes. - Edsger W. Dijkstra, computer science professor