[AG-TECH] Blackmagic Quad HD-SDI Capture Card?

John I. Quebedeaux, Jr johnq at lsu.edu
Thu Jan 19 16:08:57 CST 2012

I just thought I¹d ask, has anyone used the Blackmagic Quad HD-SDI capture
card with the AG 3.2 VIC?

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/decklinkquad/

I may be getting my hands on one briefly, but would be nice to know if
someone already has. Windows 7/64 platform. Someone else is asking me about
it for their facility. While there are probably issues with latency on the
encoding / decoding with the VIC and cpu performance with the different
codecs (h261as/mpeg4/h264), just knowing the feasibility would be nice to
know.

Thanks, John Q.
--
John I. Quebedeaux, Jr.
Louisiana State University; Biological Sciences