[AG-TECH] Bidirectional video/audio conference problem

N. Satyanarayana nanduris at cdac.in
Mon Jan 31 23:00:13 CST 2011

Hi,

We are facing problem in realizing two way interaction with Access grid.
We have a dedicated network across three different cities with multicast
enabled in our routers. I believe each venue can be configured with only
one multicast group ip address with separate ports for video and audio
transmission.

The network provider is saying that a node cannot be source as well
as receiver at the same time but in AG it is observed that all the hosts
participating in a particular venue session are transmitting both audio
and video. He is saying it is not the right way of experimenting
bidirectional communication thru audio/video.

He is asking whether AG supports Source Specific Multicast or not, because
he is saying bidirectional communication thru audio/video can be realized
only thru SSM support. But i did not find any means on how to configure
SSM in access grid. I am using AG 3.1 all in one windows installer.

Some times we are facing audio echo and some times noise problem. I am not
able to understand whether it is because of audio devices or network
configuration.

Can you throw some light on where the problem could be as we are not able
to conclude whether it is due to network or audio devices.

Regards,
Satya
--
N. Satyanarayana
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC)

(Off) +91-40-23737124/25

http://www.cdachyd.in/econtentquality

believed to be clean.