[AG-TECH] VIC errors with BlackMagic Intensity Pro

Michael Miller mimiller at ncsa.illinois.edu
Wed Jan 19 10:42:12 CST 2011

I'm trying the AG3.2 Bundled installer on Win7 32-bit with a BlackMagic Intensity Pro card and a Sony HDR-HC9 camera connected via HDMI.  I've got the VideoProducerServiceHD configured with the following:

Resource: Blackmagic-Intensity Pro
Start Priority: 5
Stream Name:  Blackmagic-Intensity Pro
Port: HDMI
Encoding: MPEG4 or h264 (same problem with both)
Standard: HD-720p-60  (there are many choices, same problem with several)
Bandwidth: 3000
Frame Rate: 30
Quality: 75
Capture Size: Large
Encoding Deinterlacer: off
Processor usage: All
Large Size/Scaler Resolution: none

Is there documentation for these settings?

When I enable the VideoProducerServiceHD, VIC crashes with the following error:

invalid command name ""
invalid command name ""
    while executing
"$cmd [expr round([$qscale get])]"
    invoked from within
"$qscale instate {!disabled} {
			set cmd [$qscale cget -command]
			$cmd [expr round([$qscale get])]
		}"
    (procedure "init_grabber" line 59)
    invoked from within
"init_grabber $V(grabber)"
    invoked from within
"if ![have grabber] {
		set DA [$videoDevice attributes]
		set DF [attribute_class $DA format]
		set DS [attribute_class $DA size]

		# first, see if d..."
    (procedure "transmit" line 3)
    invoked from within
"transmit"
    ("after" script)

Michael Miller
System Engineer
NCSA
217 649 0747
"If you're clear in your vision and trust the people in your team with clear objectives, they will invariably do their best to achieve everything desired, and usually deliver everything you could have hoped for and even more." -Paul Debevec