[AG-TECH] Remote VenueVNC startup and shutdown

Gabriel Noronha Gabriel.Noronha at newcastle.edu.au
Wed Feb 23 21:39:52 CST 2011

shouldn't you just be able to run screen or byobu and that will solve
any time out issues with ssh ?

Gabriel

----
Gabriel Noronha
Access Grid Support Officer
University of Newcastle
NSW, Australia

>>> Tom Coffin <tcoffin at ncsa.illinois.edu> 24/02/2011 3:55 am >>>
For our operations at ACCESS, we separate the VNC activity from the
venue and run VNC servers and clients directly.

btw, Iocoms Igpix is really nice!
(though I don't get to use it too much)
I'm surprised they don't offer it as a stand alone product.
kickstarting igpix inside the venue would be solid.

On 2/23/2011 11:41 AM, Todd Zimmerman wrote:
> Not specifically what you are looking for, but we run a 'VNC
Reflector'
> that is managed via a simple web front end.
>
> The reflector connects to the server specified, then all other
clients
> connect to the reflector.
>
> It's nice because it takes the load of multiple connections off of
the
> users' laptop etc. Plus it is easier to maintain for security (all
> clients are always connecting to the same vnc server, for presenting
> sites all clients are originating from the same address) + you can
set
> up a reverse connection if required.
>
> The web interface was just a simple php script I made that could use
> some fixing and it doesn't tie in with VenueVNC and/or AG at all,
but
> thought I'd throw it out there.
>
> Todd
>

> On 02/22/2011 06:59 PM, Jason Bell wrote:
>> I actually use the “nohup” command myself – but one of the
problems I am
>> trying to solve is providing a facility that allows no technical
users
>> the ability to easily start up a VenueVNC session.
>>
>> One of the options suggested already includes the idea of using
“zenity”
>> to produce a “pop-up, which would allow users the abilitiy to
paste the
>> “Virtual Venue Address” and then connect and then launch the
VenueVNC
>> remote using a bash script.
>>
>> Anyway – still gather ideas and thoughts.
>>
>> Thanks for your reply.
>>
>> Many regards,
>>
>> Jason.

LSUHSC
>> never asks you to reveal your password in an email or web form.
Your