[AG-TECH] Remote VenueVNC startup and shutdown

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Tue Feb 22 20:59:18 CST 2011

I actually use the "nohup" command myself - but one of the problems I am trying to solve is providing a facility that allows no technical users the ability to easily start up a VenueVNC session.

One of the options suggested already includes the idea of using "zenity" to produce a "pop-up, which would allow users the abilitiy to paste the "Virtual Venue Address" and then connect and then launch the VenueVNC remote using a bash script.

Anyway - still gather ideas and thoughts.

Thanks for your reply.

Many regards,
Jason.