[AG-TECH] HD USB Video Camera

aggarrett at lbl.gov aggarrett at lbl.gov
Wed Dec 14 17:58:18 CST 2011

Greetings,

Just an end of year follow up to close out my previous January question for those people who may run into the same needs.

We needed a high quality HD USB video camera that would have panoramic features to be able to pull an entire room in for computer video conferencing where requirements such as ReadyTalk & WebEx (etc) and I asked about it here back in January.

I was finally able to locate one that was made in Australia but didn't ship out.  Picked it up on some site on ebay.  http://agent.liquiddigital.com.au/  Found out afterwards that they do sell it to some ID company which rebranded it and as far as I can tell is the only one in the US that resells it http://www.plascoid.com/products/category.asp?idCategory=60 .

That plus a http://www.bluemic.com/yeti/ mic and some items I had on hand:
rolling cart,
an old mac mini,
old set of hifi Altec Lansing computer speakers on hand http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=ACS33-N ,
a small HD projector optima EW330 http://www.projectorcentral.com/Optoma-EW330.htm ,
Trip Lite fuse/switched extension cable http://www.tripplite.com/en/products/model.cfm?txtModelID=3613 ,
allows us to roll it into any room as an adhoc conference room.

This supplements our current video conferencing system.

Thanks

Aaron Garrett
NERSC/LBNL