[AG-TECH] Access Grid Townhall Reminder - August 2

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Tue Aug 2 21:10:20 CDT 2011

On 03/08/2011, at 11:57 AM, Ross Bennetts wrote:

> wow... I missed it...
>
> That's was rather short notice... I didn't read the email until it
> was finished... Is there any way to know ahead of time when the next
> one is going to be?

Sorry about that Ross.

We just decided a little while ago to move the townhall meetings for
Asia Pacific timezone from (generally) the first Friday of month to
first Wednesday. The notices usually go out a few days beforehand but
just not this time - hopefully we'll remember in better time for the
next one ...

BTW next one is currently scheduled for Sept 6/7 i.e. Wed 7th for Asia
Pacific area.

chris

> On 03/08/2011, at 12:49 AM, Thomas D.Uram wrote:
>

>> This month's Access Grid Townhall is scheduled for Tuesday, August
>> 2 at 10:00AM Central (15:00 UTC).
>>
>> We will discuss topics of general interest to the community,
>> including the AG and collaboration in general. This is an open
>> forum for the community to air issues, new collaborations, and
>> innovative ideas; please come prepared to participate.
>>
>> From the Lobby of the vv3 server (https://vv3.mcs.anl.gov:8000/Venues/default
>> ) enter the Institution Lobby, then Government Institutions, then
>> Argonne National Laboratory.
>>
>> There will be a second session held for those in the Asia-Pacific
>> region, also on Tuesday, August 2 at 6:00PM Central (FRIDAY 23:00
>> UTC). Of course, anyone is welcome to attend this session, if it's
>> more agreeable with their schedule. (Note that, while in the past
>> this second session was held on the Thursday following the first
>> session, it will henceforth be held on the same day.)
>>

> <image001.gif>
>

> Ross M. W. Bennetts
> Information Technology Directorate
> University of New England
> ARMIDALE  NSW  2351 AUSTRALIA
> Room 3.25 (ITD - C34)
> Phone: +61 (2) 6773 2754
> Fax: +61 (2) 6773 3390
> H.323: 129.180.236.12
> Email:  ross.bennetts at une.edu.au

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8316
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland