[AG-TECH] Bridge problem

Thomas Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Sep 30 11:07:56 CDT 2010

When you say that some can see the bridge and others can't, I assume you mean that the bridge does not appear in the list of bridges at Tools->Bridges. That list contains bridges that are usable by the VenueClient, which is determined as follows:

- can the VenueClient send requests to the bridge? This indicates whether the bridge process is functioning and is reachable for TCP requests.
- can the VenueClient receive data over unicast from the bridge? This indicates whether the VenueClient can receive UDP data from the bridge host, which depends on proper operation of the bridge, the network between the bridge and the VenueClient, and firewalls at the client side.

If one of these fails, the bridge is marked 'disabled' and will not appear in the list at Tools->Bridges. All bridges will still appear in Tools->Preferences->Bridges, including disabled bridges.

I suspect your bridge is being detected by all clients, and you'll find it marked disabled in some of them.

If your case is different from this, let us know and we can investigate further.

Tom