[AG-TECH] Access Grid service outage at Argonne

Todd Zimmerman todd.zimmerman at ubc.ca
Mon Sep 13 15:12:38 CDT 2010

On 09/13/2010 10:53 AM, Thomas Uram wrote:
> This should be resolved now that the DNS push has been done. It may
> take time for it to propagate to everyone, but it has likely done so
> for most people already. If you encounter further problems, let me
> know.

I'm having issues connecting to bridges and getting my bridge restarted.
  I'm wondering if its related.

I get the following traceback:

$ /usr/bin/Bridge --name=WestGrid --location=Vancouver
--registryUrl=http://www.accessgrid.org/registry/peers.txt -r55000 57000

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/Bridge", line 193, in <module>
     main()
   File "/usr/bin/Bridge", line 188, in main
     bridgeServer = QuickBridgeServer(name=options.name,
location=options.location, listenPort=options.listenPort,
qbexec=options.qbexec, portRange=options.portRange,
registryUrl=options.registryUrl)
   File "/usr/bin/Bridge", line 47, in __init__
     self._RegisterWithRegistry()
   File "/usr/bin/Bridge", line 90, in _RegisterWithRegistry
     self.validSecs =
self.registryClient.RegisterBridge(self.bridgeDescription)
   File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid/Registry/RegistryClient.py",
line 75, in RegisterBridge
     return self.serverProxy.RegisterBridge(registeredServerInfo)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'RegisterBridge'

I can manually retrieve ttp://www.accessgrid.org/registry/peers.txt
(which lists vv3.mcs.anl.gov:8030), but seem to be failing to register.

Should I assume this is still a DNS issue or look somewhere else?

Todd