[AG-TECH] EVI-HD7V

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Tue Oct 26 19:40:15 CDT 2010

On 27/10/2010, at 9:48 AM, Todd Zimmerman wrote:

> Anyone used either the EVI-HD3V or the EVI-HD7V with the Blackmagic
> cards and AG??
>
> The EVI-HD1 seems to be working as advertised for me, but I'm
> thinking about going with the EVI-HD7V which has DVI out (which I
> believe is pin compatible and easily passively converted to HDMI...
> correct me if I'm wrong)

It should work - we use a short passive DVI-HDMI cable to capture the
local 1920x1080 desktop and it works fine.

> which would make it easier to switch/use in conjunction with
> LifeSize H.323 systems etc.
>
> Should these 'just work' with the Blackmagic capture cards and the
> new AG vic and services??

The only catch I've seen - not specific to these particular cameras -
is that with unrestrained bandwidth at full 1080i60 resolution, other
vics in the same venue can be crashed. That can be mitigated by having
vic resize to 920, 720 etc. - its somewhat workable but ultimately
unsatisfactory.

There was a similar problem with 1080i50 but that seems to have been
fixed in the latest vic svn by setting a particular buffer to a larger
size. We've tried setting it to something even larger to deal with
1080i60 but it hasn't worked i.e. that issue remains unresolved.

chris

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8316
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland