[AG-TECH] Vanishing Bridges (again)

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Thu Nov 25 06:43:39 CST 2010

On 25/11/2010, at 9:23 PM, Philippe d'Anfray wrote:

> Bonjour
>
> The exact version is 3.2-3, I have also noticed  the problem with
> the /etc/hosts
> in fact it makes the bridge unreachable as the host name stored in
> the registry is
> localhost6... (here the "faulty" line has been commented out before
> the tests and
> the file has not been changed so far)
>
> 127.0.0.1    localhost.localdomain    localhost
> # ::1    aristotest4    localhost6.localdomain6    localhost6

Philippe,

Could you try changing this line:
> 129.104.48.106  aristotest4 aristotest4.polytechnique.fr

to:
129.104.48.106  aristotest4.polytechnique.fr aristotest4

I'm not sure if it will make any difference - its just the way I'm
accustomed to seeing it.

chris

> ::1     localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
> fe00::0 ip6-localnet
> ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
> ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
> ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
> ff02::3 ip6-allhosts
>
> Cordialement
>
> Philippe
>

>> Could you confirm exactly which up to date version of accessgrid3.2
>> is installed please? It will be something like 3.2-1, 3.2-2, ...
>>

>> One other possible factor I've noticed while doing various tests,
>> is that NetworkManager on Ubuntu modifies /etc/hosts at each boot
>> (maybe even more often?) and this can make the bridge invisible.
>> Could you send the contents of /etc/hosts at the time the bridge
>> becomes invisible?
>>
> <Philippe_d-Anfray.vcf>

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8316
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland