[AG-TECH] Regular test sessions (was: Audio Test venue)

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Fri Mar 26 22:46:38 CDT 2010

On 27/03/2010, at 11:14 AM, Juan Daugherty wrote:

> The venues and the times, if you can recommend any.

We have a regular Monday morning test session here in Australia 11am
Brisbane time (+1000), although thats on a Sunday in the Americas. I
believe ANL also runs a regular test session but I don't recall the
details. Maybe someone else can ...?

Also, I imagine that your desire to have good audio could be couched
in terms of Quality Assurance - perhaps you could look up a local
tester and your node QA'd. See:
     http://www.accessgrid.org/qa-program
and
     http://www.accessgrid.org/qatesters

chris

> I think its Saturday afternoon in AU but noone seems to be on AG
> anywhere.
>
> On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 12:25 AM, Juan Daugherty <juan at acm.org> wrote:
> So to confirm, if I've connected in a single AG session to the
> reflector and
> can hear myself, then in that same session I should be able to
> connect to
> any other working AG node with similar results?
>
> I can reliably and repeated connect to the reflector and hear
> myself. I am
> operating in unicast only mode from my LAN through the LSU bridge.
>
> The main colleagues I'm working with are probably exasperated at this
> point and also the docs say that it's best to test with more than
> one party
> so I don't want to try with them till I have it reliably working as
> it has worked
> erratically. Are there some venues you can recommend where I could
> take
> that next step after verifying with the reflector?

> juan at acm.org  Juan Daugherty on Skype
> iPhone                  01 716 285 0414 (USA)
> -------PGP SIGNATURE Attached If Signed-------=

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8316
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland