[AG-TECH] Re : Manage Certificates from VenueClient (Time data doesn't match format)

Jesus Cea Oliva jesus.cea at uca.es
Sun Mar 14 19:32:36 CDT 2010

Thank you very much for your reply! :-)

I'll fix the problem like Marcelino suggested.

And, thanks again for your reply about control access, I supose that users must use a certificate individual, but I dont know how the Administrator knows the DN, I mean, I thought that the established procedure was using a tool or "hide option" that lists all user connected on the Venue Server and then to administrate the access.

It would be a good idea to make a program/tool ­that can be used for this purpose, or modify Venue Manager and, when I click on "Add Person" I could write the DN or select an user from a list of connected users.

Anyway, thanks for your help. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Greetings!

El dia 15 mar 2010 00:06, Christoph Willing <c.willing at uq.edu.au> escribió:
> Jesus,
>
> We have seen this problem previously and have already implemented a fix (similar to the one suggested by Marcelino below) but its obviously an incomplete fix - so thanks for reporting the problem.
>
> I've changed my system language setting to Spanish and I can replicate your problem. I found that I can manage my certificates by running CertificateManager3.py from a shell - maybe you could do that until a proper fix is implemented
>

> chris
>

> On 15/03/2010, at 6:41 AM, <Marcolino.Pires at ac-paris.fr> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have front several times this problem, the solution is to add somthing like this in the AccessGrid python file causing the problem
>>
>> import locale
>> locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL, 'C')
>>
>> I can't tell you the exact file because I do not access an AccessGrid client right now
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> --
>>
>> Marcolino PIRES
>> Téléphone : 01 44 62 45 73
>>
>> Rectorat de l'académie de Paris
>> CAPTI - Bureau 382
>> 94, avenue Gambetta
>> 75984 PARIS CEDEX 20

>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>> File
>>> "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid/Security/wxgui/ CertificateManagerWXGUI.py",
>>> line 176, in <lambda>
>>> lambda event, win=win, self=self: self.OnShowNew(event, win))
>>> File
>>> "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid/Security/wxgui/ CertificateManagerWXGUI.py",
>>> line 237, in OnShowNew
>>> self.certificateManager, self)
>>> File
>>> "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid/Security/wxgui/ CertificateManagerDialog.py",
>>> line 25, in __init__
>>> self.identBrowser = IdentityBrowser(self.notebook, -1, self.certMgr)
>>> File
>>> "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid/Security/wxgui/ IdentityBrowser.py",
>>> line 57, in __init__
>>> CertificateBrowserBase.__init__(self, parent, id, certMgr)
>>> File
>>> "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid/Security/wxgui/ CertificateBrowserBase.py",
>>> line 27, in __init__
>>> self.Load()
>>> File
>>> "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid/Security/wxgui/ CertificateBrowserBase.py",
>>> line 86, in Load
>>> data, columnStrings = self._FormatCert(cert)
>>> File
>>> "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid/Security/wxgui/ IdentityBrowser.py",
>>> line 286, in _FormatCert
>>> valid = self.certMgr.CheckValidity(cert)
>>> File