[AG-TECH] Re : Manage Certificates from VenueClient (Time data doesn't match format)

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Sun Mar 14 19:05:58 CDT 2010

On 15/03/2010, at 9:06 AM, Christoph Willing wrote:

> Jesus,
>
> We have seen this problem previously and have already implemented a
> fix (similar to the one suggested by Marcelino below) but its
> obviously an incomplete fix - so thanks for reporting the problem.
>
> I've changed my system language setting to Spanish and I can
> replicate your problem. I found that I can manage my certificates by
> running CertificateManager3.py from a shell - maybe you could do
> that until a proper fix is implemented

Could you try the following fix and report the result please? If
successful (it works here) it can be applied to the AG svn repository
so that future package releases will include it.

In the file /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid/
Toolkit.py, find the line
     os.environ['LANG'] = "C"
and replace it with
     locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL, 'C')

Please ensure that the indentation of the new line is the same as the
deleted line.

At the beginning of this same file, just after:
     import socket
please add a new line with:
     import locale

Thanks to Marcelino for the suggested fix.

chris

> On 15/03/2010, at 6:41 AM, <Marcolino.Pires at ac-paris.fr> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have front several times this problem, the solution is to add
>> somthing like this in the AccessGrid python file causing the problem
>>
>> import locale
>> locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL, 'C')
>>
>> I can't tell you the exact file because I do not access an
>> AccessGrid client right now
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> --
>>
>> Marcolino PIRES
>> Téléphone : 01 44 62 45 73
>>
>> Rectorat de l'académie de Paris
>> CAPTI - Bureau 382
>> 94, avenue Gambetta
>> 75984 PARIS CEDEX 20

>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>> File
>>> "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid/Security/