[AG-TECH] Sending audio/video/desktop from Access Grid PCs to traditional conferencing systems (Tandberg, Polycom)

Tran, Quang V. qtran3 at lsuhsc.edu
Wed Mar 3 12:52:49 CST 2010

Hi All,

We are testing 2 software from Polycom (Polycom PVX) and from Tandberg
(ConferenceMe) that will allow us to connect existing Access Grid PCs to
traditional video conferencing systems.  These software work on Windows
platform and they allow us to join traditional video conference by
connecting to a Tandberg or a Polycom bridge.  We install the software
on our existing Access Grid computers and are able to send
audio/video/desktop to the bridges.
Both software only work with USB or DV cameras.  They do not work with
video capture cards but we think that it is possible to convert S-Video
or composite feed from our Sony EVI-D100 PTZ cameras to DV using the
Canopus ADVC110.  More testing will be done and we will post the
results.

Thanks,
Quang Tran
IT Analyst