[AG-TECH] Capture card

adam.horwich at stfc.ac.uk adam.horwich at stfc.ac.uk
Tue Mar 2 05:20:30 CST 2010

Hi Christoph,

Yes, that is a very good point and it may be essential for operation
under Linux, but I am erring on the next release of Access Grid Toolkit
to resolve my headaches now that I have found some minor success with
the card...

Yes, I have been digging through DataPath's SDK and they mention a
registry override where resolution can be hardcoded. By setting a
352x288 entry there I have managed to get VIC to correctly display
streams from our cameras. There are two drawbacks presently, which I am
waiting to hear back about, one being that this potentially limits AGTk
from only ever displaying one resolution for all feeds (inc the DVI
input) and the second being that for PAL cameras, this does not
accommodate non-square pixels so the aspect ratio is wrong.

Regards,

Adam Horwich