[AG-TECH] Capture card

adam.horwich at stfc.ac.uk adam.horwich at stfc.ac.uk
Mon Mar 1 14:15:14 CST 2010

We picked up one of these cards a few weeks ago and it's proving troublesome with the current version of AGTk with Windows XP. The only time we've managed to get video out of our PAL cameras via VIC is by using H261AS at 'large' resolution, but unfortunately that does not have the correct aspect ratio (and is not something you can set natively in the video producer service).

Under Linux (where the drivers are admittedly very early and primarily aimed at OEMs) VIC fails to output anything but the DVI input despite allowing you to select an individual BNC port when configuring your video services.

I haven't seen what I can produce by manually launching VIC yet, but then that's not a scenario we would ever rely on for our AG services.

Regards,

Adam Horwich.