[AG-TECH] Secured or private AG sessions?

David Allingham David.Allingham at newcastle.edu.au
Wed Jul 7 07:57:29 CDT 2010

Am I right in thinking that you can't really make a secure/private AG
session or venue (i.e., one with control over who can join as a
participant)?  I see the "encrypted room" in the APAG Institutions
Lobby, but from what I can find that seems to mean that you can only
view the audio and video streams by connecting to that venue, via the
AG client... is that right?

 The intended use is for job interviews (and perhaps thesis defense),
so it would be sufficient, in the first instance, to simply know that
no-one is connecting without the other participants knowing, but I
just wondered if it's possible to go further.  Any advice or
corrections welcome!

 David

---
David Allingham
Research Technical Officer
CARMA
School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences
The University of Newcastle
Callaghan, NSW 2308, Australia
David.Allingham at newcastle.edu.au
Tel.: (02) 492 16531