[AG-TECH] Venue Server question

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Sat Jan 30 02:58:03 CST 2010

On 30/01/2010, at 11:07 AM, Thomas Uram wrote:

> It turns out that the problem is two-fold: the updated AGDev CA cert
> uses a large hex serial number, and this number overflows integer
> conversions used by m2crypto. While the serial number is legitimate,
> and the failure warrants an m2crypto patch, such a patch would not
> solve the problem for all users immediately (they'd have to discover
> the problem and apply the patch). In the interest of expediency,
> then, I've issued a new AGDev CA cert that uses a small integer
> serial number and will not encounter this problem. It is an update
> of the previous AGDev CA cert, so all certs issued previously will
> continue to validate against it.
>
> I've attached the updated CA cert. If you could push it into your
> environments and confirm that no problems arise, I'll commit it to
> the AG SVN for inclusion with future builds.

Tom,

Firstly, just to  support the "m2crypto is the culprit" theory, today
I built & installed a new version (0.20.2) on a previously unaffected
system (which had been using m2crypto-0.19.1). The original 45cc9e80.0
was rejected and unable to be imported (giving the "long too large to
convert" error).

Secondly, the new CA imports fine with the new m2crypto and also
imports fine using the older m2crypto version. Its now running on the
APAG server.

chris

> <45cc9e80.Jan2010.0><45cc9e80.signing_policy>
>

> On Jan 29, 2010, at 7:32 AM, Mike Weaver wrote:
>
>> I've been playing for the past hour trying to get the dependencies
>> to work
>> out, but too much in F12 requires libssl.so.10.  I figured I either
>> needed
>> to drop down to F11 or figure out how to roll my own m2crypto
>> package.  As
>> Chris has offered, I'll leave that effort to the experts ;-)
>>
>> Thanks for looking at this guys,
>>
>> Mike

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8316
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland