[AG-TECH] mbus Multicast problem under Win XP.

Belaid Moa bmoa at uvic.ca
Wed Dec 22 14:07:32 CST 2010

Hello everyone,
  Once I launch the Venue client from a workstation and as soon as I attend a venue, AG3.2 fails to load RAT and VIC and displays: "Could not initialize Mbus: Is multicast enabled?"
The OS is Win XP SP3 and I am using Unicast with a bridge.

  I tried enabling and disabling the beacon multicast but it did not help.

  I also tried the tricks in http://www.m6bone.net/article.php3%3Fid_article=42.html and http://www-mice.cs.ucl.ac.uk/multimedia/software/documentation/ipv6.html#mroute
but with no results. Somehow a multicast route on the loopback interface should be added but how to do that in Win XP.

  Any help on this is very much appreciated.

With best regards.
-Belaid.