[AG-TECH] Fedora 14/Python 2.7 unicast bridge search workaround

Douglas Kosovic doug at uq.edu.au
Mon Dec 6 19:51:51 CST 2010

Hi,

Python 2.7 introduced a number of changes to xmlrpclib which has broken
the VenueClient's unicast bridge search.

As a workaround, replace the following file:

/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid/UrllibTransport.
py
With the following copy:
  http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/ag3/fedora/14/UrllibTransport.py

I plan to release a new AccessGrid RPM for Fedora 14 soon, once I
determine that the modifications to UrllibTransport.py don't break
earlier versions of Python and I commit the changes to AccessGrid SVN.

Cheers,
Doug