[AG-TECH] Multiple Blackmagic Cards?

Griebel, Keith Keith.Griebel at sdstate.edu
Thu Aug 26 11:25:48 CDT 2010

Hi List,

We just completed our installation of 3 Blackmagic Decklink SDI cards (HD), an Osprey 440 (4 SD feeds),  along with a DVI capture card all in one capture machine (we have a separate display machine) running Windows 7 64bit.  To handle those, we are using a very new version of Vic that I am told is soon to be included in a new AG service.  We have been having trouble with the HD H264 encoding not achieving full frame rates, but using MPEG2 we can run 3 1080i feeds, plus the 4 SD feeds using H261, and the DVI capture simultaneously (sadly our card isn't natively supported in vic so we are using the vpcscreen workaround), and it taxes our HP Z800 dual quad core Xeon (X5550 - 2.66 8MB/1333) machine at around 60% cpu.

Many thanks to the folks at University of Queensland!!  It wouldn't work if it weren't for you guys!

I believe to support the multiple Blackmagic Decklink cards successfully, the new Vic is required...  Cristoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au and Douglas Kosovic doug at uq.edu.au have been helping us out and can direct you toward that Vic, not sure if they have builds for other OS's yet.

Hope that helps!
Keith

Keith Griebel
Communications Technician