[AG-TECH] MJPEG robotic cameras and AG

Andrew Rowley Andrew.Rowley at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Apr 6 02:27:59 CDT 2010

Hi,

In theory, vic support MJPEG, so sending these to a venue could work.  However, I don't think that MJPEG is very well defined, and I have seen different implementations that are not entirely compatible with each other.

One other option then is to stream the MJPEG to a PC where it can be decoded and re-encoded as H.261/H.261AS/H.264 for sending to the AG.  We had a student do something like this for a Sony Aibo Dog, which worked well (although the camera quality in this case was bad).

Andrew :)

   Andrew G D Rowley
   Senior Development Officer

   Research Computing Services