[AG-TECH] AG3 H264 Services on OSX

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Tue Sep 29 01:47:16 CDT 2009

On 29/09/2009, at 2:10 AM, Daniel Merboth (RIT Student) wrote:

> I'm unsure of how to install the H264 services on OS X. I've
> installed them with agpm3.py, but they didn't show up in the service
> manager. Copying the extracted zips to /User/*/.AccessGrid3/
> local_services didn't work either.
>
> Does anyone know how to install and use H264 services on OS X?

Daniel,

I just tried this and it sort of works - I had to install as root
(using sudo, agpm3.py had trouble finding agversion module) and did
the following steps:

0. become root
1. source setupenv - I use sh/bash (not csh) so its:
     . /Applications/AccessGrid3.app/Contents/Resources/setupenv.sh
2. now install service package:
     agpm3.py -z VideoConsumerServiceH264.zip
    check that the zip file now exists in /Applications/
AccessGrid3.app/Contents/Resources/NodeServices/ - if not there,
something else is wrong ....
3. same for producer service package

They should now be available to load as services in the usual way.

As it happens, I've managed to add the service but for some reason vic
doesn't appear even though the service claims its enabled. However,
after going into ~/.ACcessGrid/local_services/VideoProducerServiceH264
directory (which is created automatically when the service is run) I
was able to manually run the vic which is in there.

I'm sure a bit of poking around will reveal why its not running as a
service but in the meantime they're definitely installed after using
these steps.

chris

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8316
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland