[AG-TECH] H.264 video window aspect ratio incorrect - Windows XP Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000 - Toolkit V3.1 stable

Ben Green ben.green at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Mar 31 04:42:01 CDT 2009

When running VideoProducerH264 with the current stable release of Toolkit, I get some 'geometry error' messages when the video device initialises. I can click OK on these messages, and my video appears, so I'm not too concerned about them.

But the problem is that my video is quite small, and within a large grey box (see attachment h264-default.jpg).

And if I try to change the video window size by clicking on S, M or L, the aspect ratio becomes incorrect (see attachment h264-set to large.jpg).

The latter also occurs if a remote Toolkit user (running VideoConsumerServerH264) changes the window size of my transmitted video using the S, M and L keys.

Any ideas ?

Regards, Ben.

Ben Green

Research Computing Development
Research Computing Services
University of Manchester
Room 73A, Devonshire House, Precinct Centre,
Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PL
tel: +44 (0)161 306 6621
fax: +44 (0)161 275 6120
email - ben.green at manchester.ac.uk