[AG-TECH] Coast-To-Coast Retreat - April 24/25, IRMACS, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, B.C., Canada.

Brian Corrie bcorrie at sfu.ca
Tue Mar 3 15:33:59 CST 2009

Hello all,

I apologize for cross posting this to several email lists, but I wanted
to make sure you all know about this event.

As many of you know, over the last several years we have been holding a
national distributed seminar series that spans Canada. We naturally call
it the Coast-to-Coast (C2C) Seminar Series. We have been holding the
seminar series since September 2005.

On April 24/25, 2009 we are holding a retreat to discuss our experiences
in holding this seminar series. The theme of the retreat is: "Remote
Collaboration: Coast-To-Coast Experience & Future Directions"

We welcome any and all parties that are interested in discussions around
the support of remote, collaborative events in the scientific context.
If you or any of your colleagues are interested in joining us for this
event, please register at the web site listed below. You will also find
a draft of the program available at the Retreat web site.

http://conferences.irmacs.sfu.ca/c2c

For more information on the C2C seminar series, please refer to the web
pages and the enclosed retreat announcement listed below:

The Upcoming C2C Seminars Web Page:
http://www.irmacs.sfu.ca/events/coast-coast-seminars

Past C2C Seminars Web Page:
http://www.irmacs.sfu.ca/events/past-events/coast-coast-seminars

We look forward to seeing you at the retreat...

The C2C Retreat Team

The IRMACS Centre at Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, British Columbia,
Canada, will host the First Coast-To-Coast Seminar Retreat on April 24
and April 25, 2009.

The theme of the retreat is "Remote Collaboration: Coast-To-Coast
Experience & Future Directions".

The main goal of the retreat is to provide participants with a forum in
which to exchange their experiences in delivering remote collaborative
events in a scientific context. The retreat will include discussion of
the scientific, technical, and organizational aspects of such events,
and discuss future directions of the development of remote scientific
collaboration.

Target Audience: Academics who use or plan to use remote collaboration
tools for delivering their lectures or for performing some of their
scientific activities; technicians and administrators involved in
support of remote collaboration among groups of scientists.

For more information, the registration page, and a draft of the schedule
please visit http://conferences.irmacs.sfu.ca/c2c/index.html.

The registration fee is $60 CAN and the deadline for registration is
April 13, 2009.

*****
Please forward this announcement to anyone who might be interested in
attending the C2C Retreat.

*****

Organizers: Brian Corrie (WestGrid and IRMACS, Simon Fraser University),
Veselin  Jungic (IRMACS, Simon Fraser University), and David Langstroth
(DDRIVE, Dalhousie University)