[AG-TECH] ProcessManager.py Bug?

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Sun Jun 14 18:05:24 CDT 2009

Dan

I think this is a similar issue to the one which is has some sort of fix
that can be found at: http://www.accessgrid.org/node/1800

Unfortunately, this fix has shown to introduce another bug.  As my email
to the AG-DEV list indicates.

 <Email snip>

Hi Guys

It has just be found that applying a suggested "fix", which fixes a
problem that causes the media tools to not start, causes the shared
app's to no longer start.

See http://www.accessgrid.org/node/1800 for information and the fix.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to debug, therefore I was hoping
someone might be able to look at the issue and hopefully assist with
fixing it.

I have a couple of people that had to apply this fix to get the media
tools to work (which causes the media tools to work fine).  The issue
relates to the need of having the path surrounded by quotes, but this
then causing an error and prevents the shared app's from starting.

I am sure if you do a diff on the current ProcessManager.py file with
the new ProcessManager.py file, you will see where the changes are made.

As I said, I have a colleague that would be able to test any new
solutions to see if it fixes both issues.

Many thanks in advance and I really hope someone will be able to look at
this issue.

Jason.

</Snip>

Hope this highlights the issue and shows at least a workaround for the
time being.

Regards,

Jason.