[AG-TECH] Venue Client startup problem

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Thu Jun 11 15:53:19 CDT 2009

On 12/06/2009, at 5:26 AM, Ken Fox wrote:

> When I start Access Grid, Access Grid Launcher starts and when I
> click the Venue Client button, a window opens with "starting 3.2
> beta" then stops. I have a MacBook Pro running OSX 10.5.7.

Ken,

Is this a new installation? If so, you may have to wait a few minutes
while the VenueClient contacts various bridge servers and caches their
usefulness. This happens just the first time you start the
VenueClient. The splash screen should actually give you some feed back
like "contacting 17 of 41 bridges" (whatever) as it progresses but its
easy to miss.

chris

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8316
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland