[AG-TECH] FW: Using international BridgeServers

Ben Green ben.green at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Jun 8 08:58:02 CDT 2009

Please can someone provide an answer to the original email (below) that I sent a few weeks ago. We're trying to document the 'best practise' for international AG meetings, so it seems quite relevant, especially considering some of the issues we encounter; for example:

We've just been troubleshooting an AG meeting where, yet again, the problem was caused by a Toolkit user connecting via an obscure BridgeServer.

I've never understood why the Argonne bridge registry lists so many unreliable BridgeServers. Our UK bridge registry only lists 2 BridgeServers and we know that they are always working, and we instruct UK users to make sure our bridge registry is at the top of the registry list within their Bridge Profile.

Ideally, we'd like to instruct a Toolkit user to switch to unicast without having to worry about which BridgeServer is chosen by their VenueClient (whichever is at the top of the list) i.e. they should all work. Or perhaps they should choose a particular Bridge - which brings us back to my original question (below)...

Cheers, Ben.