[AG-TECH] Toolkit with Vista

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Tue Jan 20 16:20:53 CST 2009

Ben Green wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The 'stable' software download page at:
>
> http://www-new.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/accessgrid/software/releases/3.1/
>
> mentions support for Windows XP.
>
> The 3.2 beta download page at:
>
> http://www.accessgrid.org/software/releases/3.2beta1
>
> simply states 'Windows'. Does this imply that both XP and Vista are supported ?

The Vista issue with the installers of some of the AG 3.1 dependencies
is that that they weren't Vista UAC (User Account Control) aware. The
workaround is right-clicking on the installer, then clicking Run As
Administrator. The issue has been fixed with newer versions of the
installers.

> I'm also wondering if anyone can recollect an issue a couple of years back related to Realtek HD Audio cards and Vista.

It was to do with a soundcard's inputs and outputs appearing as separate
sound devices and RAT versions prior to AG 3.1 weren't able to handle that.

Doug.