[AG-TECH] AGDV workings

Gurcharan S. Khanna gurcharan.khanna at rit.edu
Fri Feb 20 16:25:55 CST 2009

hi tom,

i was wondering how easy/hard it would be to modify the venue service for
AGDV, which is strictly windows-based right now. i know that i can send
a DVTS stream from a Mac to the IP generated by the Venue Server in response
to an windows AGDV client request (if i kill it first and quickly
substitute the
Mac stream :-).

one of my thoughts is can i reserve or pre-assign those IP addresses so the
AGDV client will always see them listed in the pane, whether or not they
happen
to be streaming at the moment. maybe they could even be named for particular
known sources and reserved for that source only.

of course, if the AGDV module were ported to the Mac we would have complete
functionality, but that doesn't seem likely soon. so, i'm interested in
getting whatever
additional functionality i can right now. (hmmm...how much work would
the Mac
port be????? i might consider it......).

thanks,

-gurcharan

--
-------------------------
Gurcharan S. Khanna, Ph.D.

Assistant Research Professor, Ph.D. Program
Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences
http://people.rit.edu/gskpop

Founding Director, Interactive Collaboration Environments Laboratory
Center for Advancing the Study of Cyberinfrastructure
http://icelab.rit.edu
---
Rochester Institute of Technology
IT Collaboratory Bldg. 17, Room 3119
Rochester, New York 14623-5603
Phone: 585-475-7504  ~  Cell: 585-451-8370
Email: gurcharan.khanna at rit.edu