[AG-TECH] Status of AG Connector plugin?

Mike.W.Daley at cs.cardiff.ac.uk Mike.W.Daley at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Sat Dec 5 16:43:41 CST 2009

Hi Namgon
Been doing a bit of hacking around.
If you run VenueClient3 from the command line you see the following error.
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "C:\Program Files\AGTk-3\bin\VenueClient3.py", line 173, in ?
     main()
   File "C:\Program Files\AGTk-3\bin\VenueClient3.py", line 147, in main
     vcc = VenueClientController()
   File
"C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\AccessGrid3\AccessGrid\VenueClientControll
er.py", line 66, in __init__
     self.agent             = UMTPAgent(self, log)
   File
"C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\AccessGrid3\AccessGrid\UMTP.py", line 34,
in __init__
     self.apm = AgentProcessManager(self.log)
   File
"C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\AccessGrid3\AccessGrid\UMTP.py", line
372,
  in __init__
     self.SetExecutable(".", executable)
   File
"C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\AccessGrid3\AccessGrid\UMTP.py", line
378,
  in SetExecutable
     if not os.path.exists(self.exectable):
AttributeError: AgentProcessManager instance has no attribute 'exectable'

If you load UMTP.py and comment out line 378 and 379 The Client will
launch successfully with no error. This is running under Windows 7 by
the way.

Cannot check it further at the moment as there are no servers around.
Will try and set one up next week back at the University.

Mike

Quoting Jeremy Mann <jeremymann at gmail.com>:

> On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 11:12 AM, Thomas Uram <turam at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>> I expect you'll find some info about the error in the VenueClient.log file,
>> in the Access Grid directory.
>>
>> Linux: ~/.AccessGrid3/Logs
>> Windows: documents and settings\username\application data\accessgrid3\logs
>
> This is where it "hangs" in the VenueClient log:
>
> VenueClientController VenueClientController.py:1646 DEBUG THere is no
> personal venues file to load.
>

> --
> Jeremy Mann
> jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu