[AG-TECH] Question on transforming a wxpython application into an ACCESS GRID shared application

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 29 12:52:11 CDT 2009

West:

Fortunately, since your app is built with Python, it's the most natural
fit for integration as an AG shared app.  (Integration of a non-Python
app is somewhat more complicated.)

To support the shared aspects of the application, the AG basically provides:

- server-side key-value storage
- server-mediated event distribution
- venue data storage
- a SharedAppClient class that provides access to these facilities

Some developer documentation exists online here:

    http://accessgrid.org/developer

Of more interest to you would be the examples in the tutorial:

    http://accessgrid.org/developer/tutorial

particularly the Shared Image Viewer example, since it uses all of these
facilities, and is a relatively simple app.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask; I think it
would be very interesting to see your app enabled for sharing. If you
notice shortcomings in the developer documentation (which I suspect you
will), please don't hesitate to report them.

Tom