[AG-TECH] System freezes sending video on Linux w/ IVC-200 capture card

Andrew Ford acf0659 at rit.edu
Mon Apr 20 12:47:16 CDT 2009

Hi Chris,

After some testing we've seen this happen with multiple IVCs and multiple
machines - at any rate, we don't have any more spare linux boxes to test
with. I have a feeling it might be related to Ubuntu's CPU frequency scaling
though, as I've never seen it freeze when I manually set it to use the
maximum clock speed. What are the clock settings on your machine?

Also, as a side note, does anyone know how to set the default on boot to be
max clock speed? The gnome-power-manager menu in gconf-editor doesn't have
any options for setting CPU frequency.

--Andrew