[AG-TECH] DVTS demo Fri 3:30 Eastern Time

Gurcharan S. Khanna gurcharan.khanna at rit.edu
Thu Apr 9 14:24:36 CDT 2009

hi,

i will be conducting a demo using DVTS inside of Access Grid tomorrow for a
Deaf/HoH faculty here plus other deaf/hoh users. the goal is partly to
show several
high quality videos from a single location where each person can be
clearly seen,
especially close-up, using sign language.

the other part is showing connecting many sites with the same high
quality videos.
so, we will be simulating 4 users in one room on campus viewing 5 users
in another
room on campus using DVTS in AG.

if anyone from a remote site would like to drop to demonstrate the
remote viewing
quality using DVTS please do so!

since we're using AG, we will be using RAT for audio.

question: DVTS users: what do you usually do for audio in a multiway
conference???
are there ways to split off the DV audio stream and feed it to another
application???
how does echo cancelling work with DV cameras as sources????

thanks for your feedback,

-gurcharan

PS this demo will held primarily in the RIT Venue of the ANL Venue
Server. -gsk

--
-------------------------
Gurcharan S. Khanna, Ph.D.

Assistant Research Professor, Ph.D. Program
Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences
http://people.rit.edu/gskpop

Founding Director, Interactive Collaboration Environments Laboratory
Center for Advancing the Study of Cyberinfrastructure
http://icelab.rit.edu
---
Rochester Institute of Technology
IT Collaboratory Bldg. 17, Room 3119
Rochester, New York 14623-5603
Phone: 585-475-7504  ~  Cell: 585-451-8370
Email: gurcharan.khanna at rit.edu