[AG-TECH] Gentner XAP400 configuration

Todd Zimmerman todd.zimmerman at ubc.ca
Fri Oct 31 13:15:48 CDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-29 at 08:52 -0500, Jeremy Mann wrote:
> Can somebody send me their working config for their Gentner? I need to
> setup a phone bridge, but unfortunately, all I have access to is the
> LCD interface. I've tried numerous serial cables, Linux/Wine, XP,
> Win98 and its just not talking to the serial port. I believe I don't
> have the Telco in the right matrix. I can hear the phone connection in
> RAT, but the phone callers do not hear anything.

I don't think someone else's config file will help you since your setup
could be substantially different.  In fact, you may make the situation
worse ;-)  Further, can you load a config without connecting via GWare??

I suggest you continue attempting to connect via RS232.  To simplify,
I'd definitely use a windows box (not wine) and probably XP.  Can you
confirm the serial port on the computer is working properly and can
connect to other devices?

Also, there are some RS232 settings available via the LCD interface of
the clearone - confirm those are set correctly (as per
http://www.clearone.com/docs/manuals/800-151-101-Rev4.1_XAP800Man.pdf)

Cheers,

Todd