[AG-TECH] Random crashes

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Wed Oct 22 14:46:19 CDT 2008

On 22/10/2008, at 7:43 PM, Natalia Costas Lago wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>

> We are trying to debug some problems related to some random hangs of
> RAT audio tool.
>
> I suspect that unicast connectivity is some way linked to those random
> crashes.
>
> Does someone have similar problems?
>
> I have found a parameter in .AccessGrid/Config/preferences that says
> "multicast = 1", ¿what is this parameter for?

This setting indicates the state of the "Always use unicast bridges
instead of multicast" checkbox at the top of the Bridging panel of
the VenueClient's Preferences window (after the Save button is
pressed). Therefore "multicast = 0" would correspond to the checkbox
being selected, while "multicast = 1" would correspond to the
checkbox being _not_ selected.

I would be surprised if this setting would be implicated in random
RAT hangs. There have been some instances of this setting being
incorrectly set (e.g. to "False") which later prevents the file from
being parsed successfully and so prevents the VenueClient itself from
starting up. That doesn't seem to be the same problem that you're
seeing.

chris

Christoph Willing                        +617 3365 8350
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland