[AG-TECH] Toolkit yum install missing dependancies

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Wed Oct 8 07:15:38 CDT 2008

Hi Ben,

Ben Green wrote:
> The last time I installed Toolkit on Linux, it went OK (apart from a
> couple of dependencies).
>
> But I've just tried installing on CentOS 5.2 (2.6.18-92.1.10.el5), which
> was built with virtually all available software options, and it fails on
> many dependencies, as follows:

You are missing dependencies like wxPython and the others from the Extra
Packages for Enterprise Linux (EPEL) RPM repo.

 > ------------------------------------
> Error: Missing Dependency: wxPython >= 2.6 is needed by package AccessGrid
> Error: Missing Dependency: python-feedparser is needed by package
> AccessGrid
> Error: Missing Dependency: python-zope-interface is needed by package
> python-twisted-core
{snip}
> ------------------------------------
>
> I don't even want VPCScreen !
 >
> Surely it's not 'normal' to have this many missing dependencies?

It is normal, there would be fewer if you had wxPython and wxGTK
installed. VPCScreen just has more dependencies than the python based
packages because of rpmbuild automatic C/C++ based library dependencies.

> Any ideas on how to progress?

Setup EPEL RPM repo as per the RHEL/CentOS AGTk installation
instructions page:
   http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/research/accessgrid/software/rhel/

Doug